The Program for Effective Teaching and Learning (PETAL) is a personalised program of professional learning that develops inquiry capabilities through innovative, data informed decision-making and reflection cycles of current classroom practitioners, to help them lead learning and improve student outcomes in schools.
The program consists of 60 hours of intensive, collaborative, data-informed and action-focused engagements. PETAL is designed for classroom practitioners who are interested in engaging in continuous improvement. This program is offered in English and Arabic medium.
We encourage applications from classroom practitioners who:
- Are willing to commit to a rigorous six month program
- Participate in five, day-long workshops and in between session work
- Engage in a process of data-informed, research-driven, improvement inquiry cycles with support from their cohort and coach
- Develop and present an e-portfolio of deep reflection and evidence of learning
- Meet all the program requirements
*Please note the program consists of 5x Saturdays (total 30 hours) of synchronous and asynchronous engagements, up to 10 hours of one to one coaching and up to 24 hours of online independent work. The program runs from 3 October 2020 to 27 March 2021.
Applications for the 2020-2021 program are now open. Submit your application form here
by 13 September 2020. All applications go through a selection process before participants are identified/ chosen for the right program.