The Program for Effective Teaching and Learning (PETAL) develops your ability to transform data into action-focused decisions to have a strong, positive and measurable impact on your students’ learning, through a supported program of blended learning.
The Program for Effective Teaching and Learning (PETAL) is designed to support you through identifying, framing and describing a personalised problem of practice and grow your capacity to solve it. As you work towards your own solutions to support student learning, you will develop your self-efficacy and become an increasingly data-literate reflective practitioner.
Through participating in this Professional Learning Program you will:
• Define and explore solutions for your problem of practice
• Develop an increased sense of self-efficacy (i.e. instruction, motivation, cooperation, parent relationships and coping with changes/challenges)
• Develop new knowledge and understandings from a range of perspectives
• Increase student performance and achievement
• Acknowledge and document your professional accomplishments
• Enrich your learning community
The program of blended learning incorporates:
30 hours of collaboration: 5 collaborative workshops across the school year, with a focus on developing your data-literacy for teaching, practicing powerful learning designs and acquiring pedagogical knowledge that supports inclusive education.
10 hours of 1-to-1 coaching: specific and personalized support which will address your individual requirements and aspirations, providing detailed feedback on your progress towards solving the problem of practice.
20 hours of online learning: using an online platform you will have continuous support during the program, access to the wider professional learning community, and tools to document your inquiry through an e-portfolio.